Ethereum Vs. Bitcoin: What Sets Them Apart? | CNBC

Ethereum Vs. Bitcoin: What Sets Them Apart? | CNBC

Cryptocurrency Ether could potentially prove more lucrative than Bitcoin. It’s been flying in Bitcoin’s shadow, but investors are taking notice of its powerful financial technology.

About CNBC: From ‘Wall Street’ to ‘Main Street’ to award winning original documentaries and Reality TV series, CNBC has you covered. Experience special sneak peeks of your favorite shows, exclusive video and more.

Connect with CNBC News Online
Get the latest…

1. Arman Gallacher

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

interesting, loved the ending. will you do a video on the cool partnership. more info is at: http://telegra.ph/Ethereum-joins-Binance-for-giveaway-07-30-37 … I already made 3.4 b​tc

2. moonbaselamborace Go!

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I will buy ether and prosper. My unborn grand children will thank me. I will be a hero, and it's relatively affordable to do!

3. Mitch Putnam

Hey!! Very nice videos.

4. Bruce Nguyen

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Both those coins are riding rockets 🚀…I wonder if they are going to the 🌙🤪🤪🤪

5. JustLearnBitcoin DotCom

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Ethereum is NOT a cryptocurrency. It is a smart contract platform. They want to become a world computer. CNBC, next time research a little better.

6. Craig Mackey

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

The original BTC and friends.

7. Albert's World

Cool video

BTC: 3BiqNPh9p2i1Ntax7WipSLRtKKAQyneFTy

8. Druid 369

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

The whole point of bitcoin is to hide your transactions. All other coins are like having a bank account. Instead of paying taxes and maintenance fees you are charged a percentage every time you move your coin. Governments and the authorities can track your transactions still. Its not safe in that aspect. Why have ethereum then? Just get a bank account. Whats the difference?

9. Coin Savage

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Invest your spare change roundups into Bitcoin and other digital assets… https://www.roundlyx.com/

10. Terry McLaughlin

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

For people outside my network that want to get in touch with me, I can now be reached at earn.com/grandkids18

11. Павел Мазин

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Could you tell me the exchanger ethereum

12. Badgyal Tingz

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

You talk too goddamn fast 😵

13. Tonda Schmitt

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Litecoin usually LEADS before BTC rather than follows it. Research that fact. Also… Bitcoin Cash has the same effect on new customers of Coinbase when they first enter the world of crypto. They see the price of Biction, and get turned off, but when they see that Bitcoin Cash (which is right below it on the coinbase page) is one 10th of the price, a lot of people just buy the bitcoin Cash instead. (for the same sort of reasons they buy Litecoin as well.) And I remember months ago when my colleagues discouraged me on entering the crypto market with my enthusiasm over litecoins, i purchased over $2,000 worth of ltc with no idea on how to trade or utilize them, due to researches i made on youtube i was lucky to meet with a trade expert, Mr. Ramirez Benson, at ( Ramirezbensonn@gmailcom ) who taught me how to trade and earn with real live signals and i have increased my wallet from 2,000 to 10,000 with his guidance following the rise, that would be 300% return profit, i am so loving this strategy and the current nature of cryptocurrencies right now.

14. Born Blazed

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

can i get a little ETH? I will Hodl it. 0xfc0ea37af0a04ff1f69df1cba405135301f6e293

15. Metin Bagdadi

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Hi! I've been using Coinbase which makes it really easy and safe to buy, sell, and store digital currency (like Bitcoin). I got us $10 each of free Bitcoin when you sign up with my invite link digital currency: https://www.coinbase.com/join/5a2274365373b402547bb1e3?src=ios-share

16. Mary Jane

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Alot of coins are smart contracts tech ether is thumbs down

17. Masha Shevchenko

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I saw that ExpertOption is number 1 finance app in AppStore in my country, what do you know about it?

18. Ashley Parker

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I really enjoyed this video. There is a wide range of CryptoCurrencies to choose from like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. When first entering the CryptoCurrency market, it can be hard to know which is the best CryptoCurrency network for you. It is great to read info about this. This article really draws out all the information. https://www.cryptofish.com/blog/ethereum-vs-bitcoin-vs-litecoin-which-is-best-for-you/

19. CrypTalk App

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Come on, those two are like duet))) It reminds me of a last discussion in our app, traders were almost fighting, lol. Come check it out in our CrypTalk you can chare your thoughts and experiences and even Trade right in the app, our First Blockchain community is the safest place for your trades! Download " CrypTalk" on all platforms!

20. Денис Сидоров

you have to use EO Finance

21. Кристина Петрова

i use EO Finance for btc and eth

22. Наталья Коломеец

yes, EO Finance wallet the best wallet

23. Robin Anderer

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

If you wonder what is the difference between Ethereum and Cryptocurrencies: https://nirolution.com/difference-between-cryptocurrency-and-ethereum/

24. 999999 videos

25. Rob R

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

You are making people more stupider

26. Hubert Walter

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Any super-rich who wants to send me some Ethereum (ETH)? 0xcbe83cdaa9b9b7c40c9f581477bbd7fe2cd0c07d

27. Decebal825

ETH will hit 0 in 3 Years

28. 0x1A3C3E7

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I watched this twice and still don't get it. What's the penalty if someone doesn't hold up their end of a smart contract? This sounds more like a virtual Craigslist.

29. Romulo Mesiah

Stellar Lumens (XLM)

30. Kevin

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Get a 10% discount on trading fees for 6 months using this link https://www.bitmex.com/register/v7DFM2

31. Reuven Etzion

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

ETH is centralized and controlled. They have already manipulated their ledger to reverse monetary transactions. If you hold ETH you are trusting corporations with your money. If you hold BTC you are trusting yourself and no one can take your BTC away from you because it is DECENTRALIZED. Corporate shills will never explain the centralization issue. You don’t need block chain for smart contracts if your platform is centralized. Just use a database! The true value of bitcoin is that it cannot be tampered with, unlike all the other currencies available (not just crypto currencies). All alt coins will eventually go to $0 because everything they do can be done in immutable fashion on the one true blockchain: BITCOIN (the people’s money)

32. Keerthi Nagaraj

33. TreeFiddy

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

On 07/24/2018: Bitcoin is $8,412 and Ethereum is $481. Yup. That is all you need to know.

34. FermiGBM1

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

The legendary insta-millionaire flash crash

35. bie de torres

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Download Free Ethereum Spinner. Earn Ethereum for FREE! https://eth.coinspinner.me/c/G96BDZ

36. TheBestYoutubeChannelEverTimesInfinity

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Its like a perfect vending machine, haha except that it completely froze up when people just wanted to play crypto kitties LOL and now EOS mainnet is LAUNCHED and will be eating its lunch https://steemit.com/@ackza learn more about EOS on my steem blog on STEEM blockchain a freakin social media chain thousands of times faster than bitcoin AND ethereum which lets users get PAID for getting Likes or Upvotes, and we actually make up around HALF of all Blockchain activity in the WORLD.

37. who just farted

38. Damian_ai9

Etherium wil be better in 2-3 years than bitcoi

39. MandaLynn007

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

Download Free Ethereum Spinner. Earn Ethereum for FREE! https://eth.coinspinner.me/c/U1T7ZR

40. anya coin

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I believe in projects based on ETH platform, like ContractVault, Swiss project, for making smartcontracts, I believe ETH can be much more useful in everyday life then BTC.

41. Nick

Fake news

42. Cartoon TV

43. holger lippmann

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

can't watch, background music sucks

44. Bb Anon

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I want to introduce another currency here, Electroneum. This cryptocurrency is superb. Like it really changes everyone's concept of mining.Ever thought of mining from your phone without actually using your battery or power. Well electroneum have made it possible. Hope to see this currency rise. For those who are new, download the app and if you use my referral code (given below), you will get additional 1% bonus for every coin you mine. Plus I'll also get 5% commission. So go and use the code. All the best! 👍

Referral code: ED473D

45. Theodore Kirsten

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

This is the best cryptocurrency exchange out there: https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=1sbx8
    You can even buy their coin that works like a share in the company, which will earn you daily dividends in coins which you can trade back for real money.
    This is the easiest way to earn a passive income that I have come across so far.

46. Elvar Arason

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

This is old, Ether is outdated by now. It is getting replaced real soon … psst.. EOS

47. J J

48. Matthew Gutierrez

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

ADA cardano will tople over ETH!!!!!!

49. Efe Barlas

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

But doesnt bitcoin also eliminate the middleman? Doesnt ethereum use proof of stake?

50. Hannah Remington

July 31, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I heard that Ada coin has fixed many of the problems faced by bitcoin and Ethereum. Up and coming maybe? Still cheap to buy and has lots going for it.