Ledger Nano S – Setup and Guide (Hardware wallet)

Ledger Nano S – Setup and Guide (Hardware wallet)

Jumpstart your Ledger Nano S ( – this guide will take you through how to setup the Nano S, the precautions you must take, how to send and receive bitcoin (or bitcoin Cash), and how to add additional wallets (such as DASH, Ripple, Ethereum).
0:21 Why Get a Hardware Wallet
2:57 Ledger Nano S Setup
5:09 Recovery Phrase
6:37 Bitcoin (Bitcoin Cash) Wallet
7:48 Sending and Receiving Bitcoins
9:22 Ledger Manager

Download Ledger Apps:…

1. Brian Taylor

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

8:29 – Left out major step. you didn't mention from where the bitcoin address came.

2. Th P

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Ledger Nano S – The S stands for SUCKS!!!!

3. Ray Runn

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Can you use the ledger nano s with an iPad?

4. Trabelsi Marwen

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

you advertised a shitty scammy coin "Bcash"

5. SuperExtreme

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

There is missing, how to create a hidden wallet at the ledger with a passphrase (24 word Seed + passphrase)!

6. Kelvin Perez

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I need advice @boxminig. My ledger nano s came in about 4 days ago directly from the ledger site but I still haven't activated it (for a couple of reasons). 1. one of the cards inside the box read that I should have a "anti-tampering" seal, which I did not have and the wiring (usb+lanyard) was just shoved in the box, not neatly tied together. So I emailed ledger, telling them my box appreas to have been opened before I got it. They replied about three days later saying they haven't included those stickers since 2017 (totally understandable) and included a link to verify if my device is genuine. 2. My box only came with one recovery sheet. Every youtuber doing nano-set-up-guide videos has three recovery sheets. doesn't this seam a little bogus to you, its fishy to me. I sent them another email about this so ill see what they say. I'm just a little sketched out because I ordered from the ledger website. What would you do @boxmining?

7. JoeAceJR

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Does the bitcoin address come with the Ledger Nano S or not? if not, where do I get one? Im new to bitcoin.

8. Ganis Wicaksono

too complicated i think

9. Mono gram adikt

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

can anybody help clarify something for me ? i have a ledger nano s that i have sent a few test transactions to with ledger live installed on a laptop running windows 8. i have then installed ledger live on my mac and have plugged the ledger nano s in expecting it to sync with ledger live and display my btc balance after initiating pin number etc. but when i do the ledger live app installed on my mac does not show any balance at all ? does this mean i can only have ledger live installed on only one computer/operating system at a time ? i am worried that if my windows laptop dies that i will be unable to access balance ? as far as im aware the private keys are embedded in the ledger nano device and the ledger live app just provides a viewable interface on your computer for the pupose of recieving and sending funds etc so i dont understand why when i install the app on my mac and plug in the device that i am seeing no btc balance ? i will admit i am pretty ignorant when it comes to understanding some forms of technology and i hope somebody here can help me and point out anything i might be overlooking that explains what is going on here ? right now i feel hesitant to send the rest of my btc to the ledger out of fear of loosing it yeah 🙁

10. Black Lighting

great tutorial!…thanks

11. Dino

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

got one today but … what if they are discontinued and you broke the one you have, you are screwd right? …

12. Craig Campbell

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

On the website where I got the Ledger it says it requires Windows 8 and above to use it. I'm running Windows 7, will the browser and interface for the ledger work if it's only windows 7?
    From what you are doing there?

13. Mike Honcho

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a hardware wallet as i need to store my VZT, it is Ethereum based but i'm wondering if i can store it on here as i am unsure? a reply would be appreciated

14. CrypTalk App

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

amazing clip! reminds me our application CrypTalk

15. Mehran Hydary

Amazing!

16. Nacho Martinez

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

In afew days starts shipping of ledger Nano X, buy yours now before
    they sell out, for safety always in official store:

17. henry friesen

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I go to the ledger website but it does not say apps any where.

18. Free Cryptos World

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

you should update a video. Ledger live is out and cant find any downloads?

19. Mike Copacetic

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

My Ledger Nano S is connected to my laptop. I’m not able to view my accounts on my Ledger Live. Not even able to send or receive crypto on my Ledger Live.

20. Hendrik Van der Merwe

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Hi, can one put ETN, Electroneum on this as well? If not, which one will be able to store ETN?

21. REMROD FILMS

no thanks

22. Brenda Salcedo

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I spend $59 not worth buying. IT took more than $40 for no reason, am not sure if is fees. But i am not liking paying $40 for fees every time i send funds. I DON'T RECOMMENDED.

23. Filmdude

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

this guy is extremely annoying, just get to the fkn point dude jesus fkn christ

24. Nacho Martínez

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

It has come out the new colors of Ledger Nano S, now available in 6 colors and for half the price that the Ledger nano X, here you can see it, official site:

25. Logan Chalkley

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

So I can hold both Ripple and BTC on the same Ledger yes????

26. Alex 1407

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

When i do a recovery of my ledger 1 phrase to my new ledger device, can i basicly access my wallets through 2 devices? Or is the old one useless? So when i upgrade to ledger nano x should i destroy my old one with a hammer? xD

27. Robert Garbay

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I just bought Ledger Nano S, there are currencies that I own that ledger says are supported on ledger.com but the apps are not listed in the app catalog to install in ledger live. How do I install the apps if they are not there? Can bring them into the catalog some how? Please advise, thank you!

28. Bill

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

I use your code because you made many helpful video's.

29. Ismail ali

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

just ordered a nano S through amazon the domain name ledgerwallet.com does not exist and send me to ledger.com no able to find apps?

30. Scott Gallacher

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Thanks for your video. Me personally, I don't think I could trust this sort of device, I feel I'd want something less easy to lose and far less fragile. I'm likely to keep looking for an alternative, if you know any good ones I'd be interested to hear thanks.

31. YoIts LemonBoy!

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

also does the 20 word represent the password or both (password and address)?

32. YoIts LemonBoy!

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

i wrote down my 20 word passphrase safely on paper. can i reset and clear my nano s so that even if the nano s is stolen i wont lose bitcoin?

33. TYSON MOGG CREATIONS

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

i cant set up my nano s on my laptop it only has crome I think i need windows. what should i do? Am I going to have to get a differnt computer? or go to a friends computer?

34. SWC Products

June 1, 2019 at 9:21 pm

how do you use the ledger on a new pc?
    what happens if the ledger server goes down? maybe the government closes it or a power serge or a hacker gets to it many reasons could take the server network down